Sunday 17 January 2016

Repo men. ( A Movie Review )











If you can't keep up with the payments, your transplant is removed.






Starring Forest Whitaker, Jude law and Alice Braga.


Written by Eric Garcia and Garret Lerner.




Directed by Miguel Sapochnik.








This really wasn't my cup of tea.




It's a good idea wasted. The whole premise was promising but it just turned into another 'shoot them up' action movie when it could have been much more.




On a positive note the performances by Forest Whitaker and Alice Braga were decent. Jude Law, on the contrary, was pretty wooden. But the whole thing was way too far fetched and unrealistic and repetitive. The plot was monotonous and just kept on going around in circles,

And it was too gory for my liking. It made me feel a little bit sick to be honest and I even felt like that a few hours after it finished. And I'm a nurse and blood doesn't bother me!





I was yawning towards the end and that says a lot. If you've seen one movie where a guy spends one and a half hours taking on ( and killing) two dozen armed men single handed, you've pretty much seen them all. 

A wasted opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment